21 Days to a More Profitable Blog Tutorial > Day 18! Tweet and ReTweet and ReTweetTweet and …
(It’s 12:13pm and my, it’s not 4am, eh?)
Howdy everyone, my apologies for the delay in this lesson. Today was Field Day at my kids’ school, otherwise known as Heck Melted in the Blazingly Broiling Sunshine (okay, that’s poetic license as it’s in the 70s and overcast and what have you. But hey, I’m a mathematician, I’m allowed to define my own reality. 🙂 )
Did some useful work, mind you, this morning – wrote 3 Easy Ways to Appear ‘Way Smarter Than Your Peers and Creative Profitable Idea for Replacing Lousy-Performing Rectangular Ads, commented at Come and get ‘em – edupunk merit badges and How Much Free Content Should I Put in My Blog?, and now….now it’s time for!
Today is Day 18 of my series, 21 Days To A More Profitable Blog!
And for today, I’d like to discuss:
OH NO OH YES!!! Twitter!!
But not the way you think. 🙂
You can learn more about Twitter over at:
Oh, heck, since I’m the author of that article too, let me append at least half of ’em…:
- 10 Ways Twitter Can Boost Your Social News Profile
- 17 Marketing Related Uses for Twitter (and counting)
- 17 Uses for Twitter Vid
- 17 Ways You Can Use Twitter: A Guide for Beginners, Marketers and Busines Owners
- 5 Ways To Have Fun with Twitter When You’re Bored
- 7 Enterprise Uses for Twitter
- 9 Benefits of Twitter for Bloggers
- TwitDir – Twitter directory
- Allure of Twitter
- brabblr – mashup for microservices
- Business advice from Twitter-heads
- Can Twitter save lives?
- Can we use Twitter for educational activities?
- Chirp – interactive tween screen saver
- Convert your tweets to images
- Disruptive Twitter Conversations
- Eight Ways Twitter is Useful Professionally
- Flotzam – configure what you want to watch and the speed in which you see it
- Follow a Twitter Conversation!
- Follow Me on Twitter
- Geekpreneur – 10 cool uses of Twitter
- ggFtr – Get Fitter With Twitter
- Guide to Twitter for Business
- How I Use Twitter to Promote My Blog
- How to Write Kickass Twitter Posts
- InnerTwitter – enlightenment
- Java desktop client for Twitter
- Joomla Twitter Extensions
- ktwitter – post to Twitter from KDE
- LinkBun.ch – multiple links in one tiny link
- Make Custom Twitter Groups
- MobiFeedLive – what people are saying
- Mobile IM Meets Social Networking
- Monitwitter – monitor your website
- My Twitter Usage Answers
- Newbies Guide to Twitter
- Now you can graph your twitter usage
- Opera Twitter Widget
- Part One: From Twits to Tweeple
- Pay per tweet
- picobuzz – Top Twitter Terms
- Several Wildly Successful Twitter…
- SLtweets – Metaverse to Real Life Gateway
- Social Comic Book – Twitter Comic
- Spaz.AIR – your special Twitter Friend
- Step by Step – Add Twitter to your blog
- StrawPoll for Twitter
- Tao of Twitter
- TeleTwitter – Twitter client for Windows
- The 6th Sense of Twitter
- The Beauty, Secrets and Utility of Twitter for Business
- The many flavors of Twitter
- The Secret to Success on Twitter is the Same as Blogging
- The secret to Twitter
- The secret to Twitter, Part II
- The Twitter Effect
- Think Twitter Sucks? You’re Wrong, Here’s Why.
So I couldn’t resist. 🙂 Hey, it happens.
Anywhos! Almost a month ago, I wrote:
It dealt with @ShannonNelson‘s 4 perfect steps for publicity:
….Stumble, digg comment, repeat err retweet!
What’s a retweet? ‘Tis simple – post about your blog comment on Twitter….and then 6 or 8 hours later, retweet it again for the afternoon/evening/morning crowd.
’tis simple to do and quite effective to boot. And here’s how!
Before You Begin – Write a blog post.
It’s kinda sorta difficult to retweet something if you have yet to write it.
Step 1 – Tweet it.
Tell your network on Twitter about it. I’ll generally write something like:
New blog post – 3 Easy Ways to Appear ‘Way Smarter Than Your Peers – http://tinyurl.com/3oyxfp
Notice how I include the TinyURL so I can stay under 140 characters. I wrote Easy Way to let people Twitter Your Link to help provide that information.
From that, smoothly segue into:
Step 2 – Do the rest of your day’s activities.
Life doesn’t end at one blog post. Continue your daily activity. Make certain you post periodically to Twitter as well so your initial link will scroll off your page by the end of 8 hours. And finally, after said 8 hours has passed:
Step 3 – Retweet it.
It’s a very simple step – you can use words similar to:
Retweet – 3 Easy Ways to Appear ‘Way Smarter Than Your Peers – http://tinyurl.com/3oyxfp
And voila…you’re done. Your blog post has been promoted to BOTH your day AND night Twitter pals.
In today’s lesson, you learned a simple way to alert your different aspects of your Twitter audience as to your post.
And of course (you really didn’t think I’d close a post without this now, did you?) an opportunity now arises!
You’ve tweeted and stumbled and socially dug your brilliant article…how else can you get the word out?
HOMEWORK – What’s the best way to find niche sites that use CommentLuv on their blogs?
Thus, until tomorrow! (and don’t forget, if you think any of your friends would benefit from these tutorials, please do share them! They’ll thank you for it…guaranteed).
#BEGIN highlights of this blog writing post:
Beginners blogging tips: Join Twitter.
Intermediate and/or Advanced blogging tips: Retweet your articles at least twice to hit both the morning and evening Twitter audiences.
#END highlights of this blog writing post
Like this post? Please feel free to tell your friends and Digg It – I very much appreciate your time!
ps – speaking about being profitable, look at: