And how has your day been treating you so far? I’m utterly thrilled to announce that I have actually (gasp!) returned to the land of living; my insane workpace of the past few days has calmed down to the point I can go on autopilot and enjoy a relaxing
18 cup s of coffee and take stock of the day.
Which is superDeDuper, as I have some excellent updates for you! Yesterday, I heard that Liz had completed and released her book
The Secret to Writing a Successful and Outstanding Blog
Being naturally curious, I received a copy and started to read it. My immediate reaction was "wow!" followed by "hey, this is good stuff" followed by "this is begging for a review!"
Hence this post. 🙂
What I really like about Liz’ book is her calm yet humorous way of conveying, well, really smart stuff! For example, consider these following 4 points taken from various chapters:
- Information is all over the Internet, but your viewpoint isn’t. Blog your experience…..
- Remember me. I am your passenger, your reader. Keep me with you all the way through ? in every word and sentence that you choose. Remember me especially at the very end. Before we part, remind me why you invited me on this ride and what you hope that I’ll take away. Please don’t tell me your insecurities or point out what you didn’t do…..
- Effective writing is fluent and fun. It carries us so effortlessly through the ideas that we hardly realize we’re reading words….
- You can only do what’s humanly possible. Perfection isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Relationships happen because we’re better together.
I loved the following quote:
Before we part, remind me why you invited me on this ride and what you hope that I’ll take away.
That’s a classic teaching technique that I’ve been using myself ever since standing in front of audiences 10 years ago –
- Tell your audience what you’re about to teach them.
- Teach them.
- Tell them what you’ve just taught
This carries over beautifully to blogging as well.
I give Liz’s book 2 thumbs up! Clocking in at 68 pages, it’s a very effective read indeed.
If you’d like to read the secrets of one of the most successful bloggers online today, do yourself a favor and invest in The Secret to Writing a Successful and Outstanding Blog.
You’ll be glad you did. And I’m not the only person with this viewpoint – also check out the other reviews over at:
- Lorelle’s Review of Liz Strauss’ book
- Blog Herald on Liz Strauss’ ebook
- Tammy Lenski on Liz Strauss’ book
- Dawud Miracle’s take on Liz Strauss’ book
Like this post? Please feel free to tell your friends and Digg It – I very much appreciate your time!