7 Days to Making Your Blog Blossom > Day 6, 16 Resources to Give Readers Their Own Edge
Hello! And how are you today?
Over here in LingLand, life has been quite energizing indeed. I gave free reign to my creativity and dashed up Instant Nobility – Make Your Own Dynasty in 3 Easy Steps! and How To Punch Your Fist Through a Steel Door and Smash Away Your Stress, attended my kids’ end-of-the-year celebrations, burned several CDROMs of the dojo karate demonstration and and and….
And that means…it’s time for Day 6 of Making Your Blog Blossom!
Today, I want you to imagine the following:
Looking out for number 1
C’mon now, confess to me. When you visit sites online, isn’t one of the first things you ask yourself the following:
What’s in it for me to participate?
Look at it logically. There are only so many hours in the day…and if you’re going to spend time on blogs and such, becoming part of the community…it stands to reason, you want to expend your time at places that give you the biggest bang for your buck in return.
Now hold on, don’t go all self-righteous on me and decree, that’s only when I’m looking to make money!
The biggest bang for your buck DOESN’T have to deliver monetary profits! Instead, it could be that you spend time at specific blogs because:
- They make you laugh and feel good.
- They give you excellent information and you want to return the favor.
- They installed CommentLuv and you want to get a deep link back to your site.
- You can interact with like-minded people and feel a sense of community.
- They offer freebies and other benefits to participate.
- They give readers knowledge not commonly known.
In other words,
You spend time at specific blogs because they satisfy a desire within you, be it monetary, marketing, emotional, stress-relieving, etc.
Smart bloggers have internalized this and make it work for them!
Take a step back now, and look at your blog. What’s in it for people to participate? What’s in it for people to tell their friends about your writings?
What edge do you give your readers?
It’s all very well and good to offer top quality and superior writing and wonderful secrets and all that jazz.
But human nature being what it is….you should really address the deep-seated rock-bottom emotions of your readers as well.
What’s in it for them to participate?
This is why contests and memes and other things are so popular within the blogging communities! They offer rewards, they offer bonuses for signing up for the feed, they offer goodies….in short, they offer compelling reasons for visitors to tell their friends about the blogs in question.
So! Have you finished taking a look at your blog? Can you now honestly tell me what’s in it for people to participate?
If the answer is, ummmmm…..nothing? …. here are some great ideas to help you blossom your blog even further.
- How to run a blog competition
- Easily Create Free Viral Profitable Downloadables – Day 17 of 21 Days to a More Profitable Blog
- How to build a community around your blog
- Using Humor on Your Blog to Bring About Change
- How to launch a forum on your blog
- How to add a job board to your blog
- How to add language translators to your blog
- How to add Google Goodies to your blog
- How to add a shopping cart to WordPress
- How to add a FeedBurner Email Subscription Form to your Blog
- How To Add A Voki Speaking Avatar To Your Blog Sidebar
- How to Put Site Search on Your Website Using Google Custom Search Engine
- How to add a Chat Room to Your Blog in 3 Easy Steps
- How to Add Scenarios to Your Rapid E-Learning Courses…Rapidly!
- How to optimize your blog while on coffee break
- How to add multiple RSS feeds to your blog
Remember – you’re only one person and market only so much…but your readers can do soooo much more for you. Make it worth their while.
And that brings me to:
In this lesson, you learned how to give your readers an added edge or benefit by reading your blog.
And of course (you really didn’t think I’d close a post without this now, did you?) an opportunity now arises!
(remember, there’s no such things as problems in real life – just misunderstood opportunities)…..
HOMEWORK – Now that we’re at second-to-last day…what do you think is the most important critical next step?
Thus, until tomorrow! (and don’t forget, if you think any of your friends would benefit from these tutorials, please do share them! They’ll thank you for it…guaranteed).
#BEGIN highlights of this blog writing post:
Beginners blogging tips: Make it worth people’s while to participate in your blog.
Intermediate and/or Advanced blogging tips: Building a community can be a very wise thing indeed.
#END highlights of this blog writing post
Like this post? Please feel free to tell your friends and Digg It – I very much appreciate your time!